Thursday 9 May 2013

Recipe: Warm, Organic, Free Range Chicken & Avocado Salad


This is from the Jason Vale Clear Skin Programme with my own notes below of how I altered it.


Warm, Organic, Free Range Chicken & Avocado Salad.

Ingredients

2 skinless chicken breasts (free range organic)
1 large ripe avo-piggin-cado (as they're known)
50g fresh parmesan
Virgin olive oil
1 bag wild rocket
1 lemon

How to make:

Place the chicken under the grill and grill for 20 minutes until cooked. Meanwhile simply wash the rocket and place in a salad bowl.
Remove the avo-piggin-cado flesh, chop into generous chunks and add to the rocket.
Remove the chicken from the grill, cut into generous chunks and add to the salad.
Using a peeler or sharp knife, *shave* thin slices of the parmesan over the salad.
Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice over the salad along with the olive oil.
Pour the pesto over the salad and serve.

My Personal Notes:

Well, firstly it didn't have pesto in the ingredients but I figured maybe it needed to be in it? I added just a teaspoon as I've not had it before. I grilled the chicken for 6 minutes on my George Foreman grill. I didn't use a whole bag of rocket as that seemed a bit extreme. However, I had a bag of watercress, spinach and rocket which I used a couple of handfulls of. 

I also dithered about using parmesan because of the whole dairy eczema thing. However, as its a clear skin programme aimed at eczema and psoriasis I figured I'd try it out. 

It turned out to be very yummy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment